There are numerous funds, accelerators and initiatives that are supporting diverse founders. This post will be an active list of the opportunities for founders to source and share. If you have an initiative that you would like to add then send me a note via my contact form here.
Two of those initiatives have upcoming deadlines:
- The Multicultural Innovation Lab at Morgan Stanley closes application on January 19th.
- Point25 Initiative closes applications on February 4th.
See details on each program below:
Multicultural Innovation Lab
The Multicultural Innovation Lab is an accelerator program within Morgan Stanley supporting technology and technology-enabled startups led by a multicultural or woman founder and/or management team.
To access the application, please click here. The application process will close 1/19/2018. Ideal candidates generally have the following characteristics:
- Multicultural or woman founder, co-founder, Chief Technology Officer or other member of C-suite
- A startup that is technology or technology-enabled and within the seed to Series B funding rounds
- Has successfully raised Friends and Family, Angel or Seed Rounds
- Launched product with demonstrated revenues that provide initial validation of business model and market opportunity
- A commitment to be based full-time at our headquarters for the duration of the program
MS Multicultural Innovation Lab
The Point 25 Initiative matches the most promising women-led companies with amazing C-level Advisors for their Advisory Boards. The ‘Point 25’ name refers to the 0.25% equity incentive that an advisor often receives for serving in the role. It’s based on the belief that – while money is a large part of what determines the success of a company – having the right network of helpful and influential advisors can really propel a business forward. This is also an effort to facilitate advisory board roles for prominent leaders who wish to give back to the startup ecosystem.
Applications for the Point 25 Spring Series are now open!
- Please share with women-led startups you’d recommend and ask them to cite your name on their application.
- Help spread the word in your network using the links on Twitter and LinkedIn below.
- C-Level professionals interested in being profiled at future events can express interest via the link on the website.
The deadline for entrepreneurs to apply is February 4. Applications will be reviewed and acceptances extended on a rolling basis.
See a list of the amazing advisors and access application here.